Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Style Finds on a Dime

Grrr....shopping on a budget. If I were rich, I would banish the word, but I'm not so I embrace B-U-D-G-E-T tightly, as if he were my lover who had been away, overseas, at war for 8 months returning to my wide open arms. (Big Smile:o)

Budget and I went shopping and he was very strict about our locations. He demanded more bang for his buck, so where did we go? Current Boutique and Yesterday Rose Thrift Store.

We hopped in the car on Sunday, woefully regarding the gas tank,but determined to be efficient(for the Earth and my budget, doing all my errands at once)and headed down 395 off to Wilson Blvd in Clarendon,VA. Sunday visit makes the parking in Clarendon soooo effortless.


Current Boutique
made me feel like I was in a dainty and quaint boutique even though it was a consignment shop. Everything is neatly organized, no dust, lots of variety and all articles of clothing,jewelry, and handbags were in pretty good condition. They strive to have their inventory no older than 2 years. The two attendants were polite and friendly. It is a consignment shop so the prices range from about $10 for GAP,Old Navy,H&M Urban Outfitters, to up to $140 for a Diane Von Furstenburg Dress. They had a back wall of designer jeans, including 7 for all Mankind Jeans. They also had some unique faux snakeskin purses, new not used, in interesting colors and mixes. One with a purple and gray palette and zippers stood out to me, but that will be a purchase to make when Budget will not be disturbed,at a price tag of about $50. (I will be going back for that one).

What I did purchase was a Kimchi and Blue (Urban Outfitters Line) lace-like,mid thigh length skirt with velvet trim for $20.00.


I already had these velvet Tahari shoes(Marshall's $10) to go with it.


Our next location was Yesterday Rose Thrift Store in Fairfax,Virginia. Now this is a real thrift store run by cheerful but strict elderly ladies. They will dish out the love but don't try to pull one over on them and it's best you mind your children's behavior or they will call you out. I love this store. It is dusty,not sorted by type, sometimes by size and Sunday's special was 50% off everything. Budget was Ecstatic!!!! So what did I find....

This straw(?) portfolio large enough to hold 8 1/2 x 11 in paper for $1.50


And these oh so interesting red sandals for $10.00


After all that romping around with BUDGET we continued our date by visiting my parents home for dinner (instead of dining out) and going to the grocery store for grocery shopping, ending the day on a happy note.

Stay sexy, smart, stylish and financially savvy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Afternoon Ladybug,

    I love the bag. I am not sure about the red sandal. Anywho, someone is in need of your services. Check your e-mail.
    Peace and Blessings

    ReplyDelete