Monday, May 18, 2009

Substance and Style

I am not alone in my belief. The belief: Women of substance can also be women of material style, without apology.

I believe there exists a prevailing stereotype that a smart woman can not and should not be a stylish woman. Females in hard sciences are expected to be intellectually savvy and fashionably ignorant. Wrinkled clothing, sweat pants, ill-fitting clothing are welcome and may even boost your perceived intellectual ability. Ladies holding positions of power or influence requiring great mental capacity are expected to minimize any indications , whether in the political, corporate, or academic worlds, of actually loving and being fluent in the style world.

Not everyone thinks this way, but I am sure there are many who do. A sexy, smart, stylish woman will never sacrifice substance over style but can always mix the two effortlessly.

I was in Atlanta this past weekend to attend a graduation ceremony and returned home a little under the weather. While I was there, I took a pic of two of my sexy,smart, stylish partners in style on their way out to participate in graduation celebrations.




SSS Icons
Mia and LL


Blogs and articles that inspired this post:
http://samanthaonstyle.blogspot.com/2009/05/fashion-and-power-mutually-exclusive.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/14/AR2009051404502.html

No comments:

Post a Comment