Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!


Happy New Year 2013! 
2013 Baby New Year!
2013 has arrived, and with it our hopes, dreams, and renewed resolutions to make our lives better. Baby New Year symbolizes the rebirth the new year allows us. My resolution is to make 2013 the sexiest, smartest, stylist year ever…until 2014! I have a renewed faith in the Sexy Smart  Stylish lifestyle. I want everyone to live their own SSS Life!

So here are my tips for 2013 to get you started:

1)      Healthy Interior = Sexy Exterior
Beauty starts from within and radiates out. When I am drinking lots of water, running 2-3 times a week, regular meditation , eating the right foods and managing my stress well, I feel great and I look fantastic! My hair has more body, my skin glows, and I am mentally focused. Now I don’t know what does it for you but I encourage you to figure it out and implement it. Make sure it fits your lifestyle and is not some “fad” activity. Running is my go to fitness activity-I don’t need a gym membership and I really enjoy it! 

2)      Fashion fades. Style (and especially personal style) is eternal.
As much as I love trendy, edgy , modern , off the chart looks nothing beats a classic timeless look that complements your body type. No matter what anyone tells you, understand your body first, find silhouettes that complement your body second, then shop third. Get the best quality fabrics you can afford.

3)      Find a great hair stylist that believes in hair care and is excels at the services  you need most (coloring, perm, short cuts, weaves, etc…).
It took me years to find great stylists and losing them is like losing a lung! I have had the pleasure of having four great stylists in the DC Metro Area,  permed hair and natural hair. Being an African-American or Black ( I will answer to both-LOL) woman, I have no need to wear a weave unless I just want to mix it up a bit. I have nothing against weaves of hair extensions; just not my thing right now. But I will be making a wig in the near future…..stay tuned for future post on the subject!

4)      When you really need to focus shop alone BUT if you want help, take your stylish & honest friend with you and listen to him or her!
No explanation necessary!!!!

5)      Sexy Smart Stylish means your entire look is put together, from head to toe.
So, I have a confession to make. I was not a fan of makeup. It took several years and several friends to get through to me. Now I have my daily staples: eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. This takes less than 2 minutes.  When I want to do a little extra I add blush. For an evening out I go full regalia-eyeshadow in fun colors, lipstick, lip liner, mascara, eyeliner, and blush and this year I am going to experiment with eyelashes! Hair is coiffed. Proper undergarments are on.  Nails are manicured. You are adorned with just the right type and number of accessories.  You have the right shoes and purse. The difference between looking nice and being “sharp” (put together well) is the attention to details from the closest layer to your skin to the layers people see. I am not saying you have to look like this 24/7 this is 2013 and women have a lot of other things to do! What I am saying is, I have a great amount of respect for women who pull it off in this day and age because it is no easy feat.  Especially when you are going somewhere special- this should be the goal. If you have the right pieces, achieving this goal becomes easier and easier.

So with all this being said please remember:
  • Sexy is about being confident inside and having that radiate out.
  • Smart is about being savvy, always learning and growing, taking care of yourself and your loved ones.
  • Stylish is about looking great, being graceful, and being your authentic self.

Stay Sexy Smart Stylish. It’s going to be a great year!

With Love, Jahji:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment