Monday, February 2, 2009

My Harem Inspired Pantsuit

I actually got to have some fun this weekend! Clear roads, minimal ice, on the sidewalks (except for a few residents who didn't get around to clearing their portion of the sidewalk...tsk! tsk!),and not so freezing cold weather made me brave the elements in search of Washington night life. On Friday, I spent the late evening at The Park. I am not big on night clubs but I am ALWAYS interested in wine and spirits, a diverse mix of music, a diverse mix of folks, and seeing how the D.C. Metro area gets dressed for their nights out on the town. I had a LOVELY time!!!!!!!!!!

The D.C. Metro area residents are completely stylish but sometimes we are a little shy about being fashion forward, setting trends, and creating our own signature stamp on trends. We are in or around the very conservative Capitol Hill, however..in the after, after hours we can let our hair down, spike it up, and take some fashion risks!

In that vein, here is my take on harem pants. My mom has tons of great fabric that gets sent to her from all over the world. I chose this fabric from her inventory, drew up a sketch, chatted with my tailor and came up with this as my 1st pantsuit design in early Fall 2008...

Jahji Design: Harem-Inspired Pantsuit (Spring 09)
Back to the drawing board (or sketch pad) or rock it?

I am going to take some fashion risks and wear my own designs. I like the flowiness of the pants paired with the cinch right underneath the bust, gives that impression of loooooong legs! What do you think? You may catch me out on the town in it:o)

Let your style flag fly!

Sincerely, with much style,
Jahji

No comments:

Post a Comment