Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bikini or Bust on TLC

I watch reality TV for two reasons:

1) deliciously interesting quirky characters
2) knowledge

I am furthering my education in the SMART of Sexy Smart Stylish......

In the business world, smart=profitable business. In the creative world, smart = beautful works of art. (Do you like my math?!?!) The two worlds collide in the fashion business.

Bikini or Bust, on TLC (The Learning Channel) documents the story of hand-knit bikini designer, Ashley Paige, attempting to turn her works of art into financial success. Ashley's artistic talent, wonderful; Ashley's financial savvy......NEEDS WORK! Don't get me wrong, she comes off as a hard working, lovable, cute, quirky, spiritual and amazingly talented woman. I find myself rooting for, yet I am exasperated by her inherent lack of business savvy. To her credit, the show is documenting her journey of turning clothes into currency.

What am I learning? Excellent strategies on how to market my line of clothing, Jahji Designs, and how to avoid her pitfalls and missteps.

I hope she makes it to $$$. I know I will :o)

It's always sexy and stylish to be financially smart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment